WordPress Management Terms of Service
Below are the terms & conditions for the management of your website with Shoot to Thrill Media LLC. (STTM)
The agreement contained in this “WordPress Management Agreement” is between STTM, (“Company”) and you (“Client”) constitutes the sole agreement between Company and the Client regarding on-going WordPress management services from Company.
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
- On-Going Management Services & Tools
- Services and Tools (as of June 2020) include but are not limited to:
- Daily cloud based backups
- Up-time monitoring
- Daily plugin updates
- Daily theme updates
- Daily security screenings
- Google Analytic installation and tracking
- On-site image optimizations
- Monthly website status reports
- Daily stalled and repeat database cleaning
- On-going tools and services may be subject to change based on availability and costs associated with providing tools and services.
- Services and Tools (as of June 2020) include but are not limited to:
- Inability to Perform Services or Install Tools
- If a tools is unable to be installed or a service is unable to be performed due to the site breaking or other incompatibilities, Client will be made aware, and specific tool or service will be suspended until website can be address to allow for tool or service.
- Management users do not receive monthly maintenance time allotments, and any requested work will be billed at $120.00 per hour or through purchased hours via a maintenance package.
- Hosting or Registrar Issues
- Any issues affecting the website caused by Client’s hosting provider or registrar, must be handled by Client’s hosting or registrar’s support. Company, by default, does not have access to Client’s registrar or hosting when signing up for Management services.
- Client may request assistance with hosting and registrar related issues in addition to Management services. See Maintenance for more information.
- In no event will Company be liable to the Client or any third party for any damages, including any lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability of website usage.
- Company represents and warrants to Client that it has the experience and ability to perform services required by this Agreement; that it will perform said services in a professional and competent manner: that is has the power to enter into and perform this agreement.
- Independent Contractor
- Client acknowledges that the services rendered by Company under this Agreement shall be solely as an independent contractor. It is expressly understood that this undertaking is not a joint venture.
- Company recognizes and acknowledges that this Agreement creates a confidential relationship between Company and Client and that information concerning Client’s business affairs, Clients, vendors, finances, properties, methods of operations, computer programs, and documentation, and other such information, whether written, oral, or otherwise, is confidential in nature. All such information concerning Client is hereinafter collectively referred to as “Confidential Information”.
- Company agrees that, except as directed by Client, it will not at any time during or after the term of this Agreement disclose any Confidential Information to any person whatsoever and that upon the termination of this Agreement it will turn over to Client all documents, papers, and other matter in its possession or control that relate to Client.
- Compensation And Term
- The monthly sign-up charge is due before work is begun.
- The initial term of the agreement is month-to-month.
- The Client must pay via debit or credit card to be auto-withdrawn monthly.
- Company will not begin work on the website until payment for the setup charge is received.
- If Client misses a payment or their card has insufficient funds, a notice will be sent from Company to Client. If Company does not receive Client’s payment within 15 days, Company reserves the right to disable Management services until payment is made in full.
- Client may terminate the agreement at anytime by notifying the Company in writing. Termination submitted by email meets this requirement.
- Company will disable all Management services and tools after the active paid month once the termination notice is received from Client unless requested by Client to end before the end of the paid month.
- Laws Affecting Electronic Commerce
- From time to time governments enact laws and levy taxes and tariffs affecting Internet electronic commerce. The Client agrees that the Client is solely responsible for complying with such laws, taxes, and tariffs, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Company from any claim, suit, penalty, tax, or tariff arising from the Client’s exercise of Internet electronic commerce.
- If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Client guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photography, trademarks or other artwork provided by Client are owned by Client, or that Client retains permission to use them. Client will hold STTM harmless against any and all claims, losses or costs (including court costs and reasonable attorney fee), arising out of or resulting from the use of unlicensed text, artwork and photography.
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION (SEO):
Although development of the website will follow SEO guidelines and best practices, STTM can legally and ethically make no guarantee or promise of specific results or rank on search engines.
OTHER LEGAL STUFF:
STTM can’t guarantee that the functions contained in any web page templates or in the completed website will remain error-free forever. STTM is not liable to Client or any third party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate this web site and any other web pages, even if Client has advised STTM the possibilities of such damages. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. The contract cannot be transferred to anyone other than Client without the permission of STTM.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall either party or its subsidiaries or affiliates be liable to the other party for any incidental, consequential, indirect, special, or punitive damages (including, but not limited to, lost profits (except on STTM’s fees for services), business interruption, loss of business information or other pecuniary loss, and including any of such alleged to result from such party’s exercise of its rights under this agreement) regardless of whether such liability is based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability, breach of warranties, failure of essential purpose or otherwise and even if advised of the possibility of such damages. The parties understand and agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set forth in this section represent the parties’ agreement as to allocation of risk between them in connection with their respective obligations under this agreement. The fees payable to STTM reflect, and are set in reliance upon, this allocation of risk and the exclusions and limitations of liability.
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS:
STTM represents, warrants and covenants to Client that, (a) STTM’s contribution to the Design Services constitute wholly original work; and (b) to the best of STTM’s knowledge, STTM’s contributions to the Design Work do not violate, infringe upon or misappropriate any third party rights. Notwithstanding the foregoing, STTM has not conducted any trademark clearance and makes no representation as to the availability of any element of the Design Work for STTM’s use as a trademark or service mark. Client shall be solely responsible for conducting any and all trademark clearance in connection with any element of the Design Work.
Each party will defend, indemnify, and hold the other party, its affiliates and each of their respective officers, employees, affiliates and agents harmless from and against all third party claims, suits, judgments, losses, damages, fines or costs (including reasonable outside attorney’s fees and expenses) related to or arising out of such party’s gross negligence, willful misconduct or material breach of this Agreement. The parties’ obligations under this paragraph will survive the expiration and/or termination of this Agreement.
Constant communication and follow up feedback via phone, in person, or email between STTM and Client is necessary to complete assignments on a timely basis and is a huge factor in the estimated timeline.